Following an exciting game of female rugby last Friday night at Kingsway Sporting Complex between North and South rep teams, a number of experienced selectors witnessed some of WA’s best.
The game was an opportunity for the players to showcase talents and grit with the hopes of being selected in the team that will see them join the Development and Emerging programs. After a hard-fought game that astounded selectors and spectators, North took the win 43 – 5.
“It was great to see all of the girls buy in to the State Representative match and play at such a competitive level, said Jason Marrable, Female Game Manager.
“We are already looking forward to this being a series of events next year targeted at giving the girls more opportunities to play at a higher representative level.”
“The matched showed there is a real appetite for girls rugby and these types of opportunities. We have a great group of young female rugby players coming through and it will be exciting to see them progress.”
RugbyWA will be running a Development and Emerging program this offseason. The programs will continue to engage with a core group of female athletes and support their continued development in the sport.
Take a look at the recent team announcement.
- Susie Cano – Wests Scarborough
- Paige Thornton – Southern Lions
- Harmony Siafolau – ARKS
- Topaz-Jean Porter – Wests Scarborough
- Sofaia Talemaira – Wanneroo
- Maria Madigan – Mandurah Pirates
- Journey Kereopa – Wests Scarborough
- Keira MacAskill - Wests Scarborough
- Christe-Lee Griesel – Southern Lions
- Cara Gerber – Wests Scarborough
- Oaklee Jones – Wanneroo
- Nami Dickson – Southern Lions
- Megan Liddicoat – Wests
- Ana-Maila Lomano – Southern Lions
- Taliana Mika - ARKS