Applications are sought from interested persons looking to play a role in WA’s premier Women’s program as a head coaching role becomes available to lead the RugbyWA Women’s side.
The Head Coaching role is responsible for the delivery of the rugby program, while promoting a facilitating the growth of Women’s rugby in WA and nationally.
The selected head coach will be required to follow the key responsibilities listed below in consultation with the Performance Pathways Manager and the Director of Rugby.
- Rugby Program
Design of program content
Leadership and implementation of team philosophy and culture
Plan and implement the team’s preparation schedule
Performance and program review
- Coaching Commitment
Development and leadership of playing styles and systems
Development and leadership of game plans (including opposition review)
Coaching of specific team, unit and individual components
Design of session outlines and session plans
Review of player performance base on live attendance or video review of club matches
Leadership and direction of staff
Carrying out player communication schedule (including team meetings)
Player reviews –in season and post program.
The successful coach will be required to attend all trainings and matches during the Super W competition and selection period suspected to occur from April 2021 and run to the conclusion of the national Super W carnival in July.
- April-May - Team Selection & Planning - Regular attendance at club fixtures and planning meetings
- April – June - Squad Preparation - Regular training sessions and planning/review meetings
- 24th June – 3rd July - National Carnival - 4 fixtures over an extended week
The successful coaching applicants would be expected to have the following qualifications & experience.
- Level 3 Rugby Union Coach accreditation desirable
- Min Level 2 Rugby Union Coach accreditation (pre-requisite)
- Smart Rugby accredited
- Proven high level coaching experience including selection
- Proven high level leadership experience
- Excellent, proven communication abilities
Please this is a voluntary position.
Applications close: COB Monday 15th February 2021
For anything further information or to apply please apply sending through Resume and Cover letter addressing the job responsibilities to Brenden.email@example.com