Notice is hereby given that:
1. The following Elected Board Member positions are due for election at the next Annual General Meeting:
Ordinary Elected Board Member x 1
2. The Board encourages nominees for the election in order to assist the Board in continuing to ensure it fully represents all parts of the WA Rugby Community, including key stakeholders, gender balance and a mix of governance skills and experience.
3. Clause 31. c). A person who wishes to be considered for election to the positions listed above must nominate for election by sending written notice of the nomination to the Board at least 28 days before the Annual General Meeting.
4. Clause 27. b). To be eligible to be a Board Member a person be:
a. A natural person who has reached 18 years of age; and
b. Eligible under section 39 of the Act (Associate Incorporations Act 2015 (WA).
5. Clause 31. d). The written notice must include a statement in support of the nomination made by two, or a combination of any two of the following:
- Board Members;
- Life Members;
- The President of an Affiliated Body; or
- The Secretary of an Affiliated Body.
6. Of the existing elected positions, the President Francis Williams has re-nominated for the position. The Ordinary Elected Board Member position will be vacant following the completion of the term by Kevin Russell.
7. A person may nominate for more than one of these positions of President and ordinary Elected Board Member. If elected to one of those positions, then they will be deemed to have not been nominated for any other position on the Board. The term of appointment to the Board is for a two year team.
8. Nominations are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for these elected positions by 5pm on Wednesday 27th May 2020. The names of the nominees and the full notice for the Annual General Meeting will then be circulated via email on Friday 29th May 2020
9. The Annual General Meeting, subject to the finalisation of the Audit and Annual Report, is proposed for Thursday 25th June 2020. The format for the AGM and election process will be determined subject to the conditions associated with the COVID-19 Pandemic closer to the date.
Released by order of the Board.
DATED: 15th May 2020