The below statement from Rugby Australia reflects an overall approach to risk management and the health and welfare of the entire Rugby Community associated with the pandemic COVID-19.
As a result the following actions will be implemented in WA:
- A Immediate suspension of any Rugby WA and Rugby WA affiliated club training and any direct face to face events, courses or training involving group settings.
- The Rugby WA Seniors club season start will be postponed to now commence on the 1st weekend in May 2020.
- The Rugby WA Juniors season remain planned to commence on the 2nd May. Planning will continue as currently forecast.
- The options for the conduct of the seniors season after this date will be reviewed in the near future. There are a range of options for the numbers of rounds and dates for the season that will be reviewed. This may include an extension of dates of the current season format or a shortening of the season. These will be considered as the situation evolves over the next few weeks.
- All Rugby WA Academy group operations will be suspended for the next 2 weeks. Individual programs and communications to athletes in this program will be undertaken directly by Academy staff.
- Any Club or School supported development programs for Rugby Roos or Get into rugby Clubs will be postponed in agreement with the hosting clubs running these programs.
- The Rugby WA pre-season program will be suspended pending further development and plans with regard recommencement of training/playing seasons.
- All financial aspects associated with these changes will be worked through over the next few weeks. We ask all stakeholders to please be patient with us we work through these matters.
We ask the Rugby Community in WA to rest assured that Rugby WA will continue to consult and follow both national and state guidelines. There will be ongoing and further review of this fluid and challenging system as it evolves. We will seek to ensure full and clear communications to all are shared at this challenging time.
|John Edwards||Francis Williams||Mike Gowdy|
|Chair - RugbyWA||President - RugbyWA||President - RugbyWA Juniors|
Statement from Rugby Australia CEO Raelene Castle can be found here.