Meet the team behind the team.
Within Rugby Australia, refereeing sits in two departments – within the High Performance Department, headed by Ben Whitaker, and the Community Rugby Department's Rugby Services Team, headed by Lachlan Clark.
Rugby Australia’s responsibilities:
- The strategic direction of refereeing in Australia
- Selecting and developing the National Panel of referees and other talent across the country
- Supporting and resourcing the education and training of referees at all levels
Each individual State Union or Referee Association is responsible for:
- The policy and implementation of coaching and appointing referees in their State
- Conducting Rugby AU-approved accreditation courses and other educational content
- Managing the process of accreditation and reaccreditation of referees in their State
Rugby Australia Staff
High PerformanceScott Young – Referee Manager, High Performance
Mitch Chapman – Head Coach Referees
Kate Halaska – Logistics and Administration Coordinator
Jarrod Presland – Strength & Conditioning Coordinator
Lauren Kelly – National Women's Coordinator
Anthony Moyes – National Sevens Coordinator
Jamie McGregor – Match Official Manager, Community Rugby
Rohan Hoffmann – Match Official Manager QLD/NT
Shane Barr – Match Official Manager Southern States
In addition, Graham Cooper (RugbyWA) and Alex Richards (NSWRU) co-ordinate referee issues for their State Unions.