As the start of the junior and senior rugby seasons approach RugbyWA have released a number of dispensation sessions times and resources helping players and parents safely get back into rugby.
To adhere to state government’s gatherings limit RugbyWA will be holding a number of dispensation sessions covering each age group in the competition.
- Under 11 - Monday June 22, 5:00pm.
- Under 12 - Monday June 22, 6:00pm.
- Under 13 - Monday June 22, 7:00pm.
- Under 14 - Wednesday June 24, 5:00pm.
- Under 15 - Wednesday June 24, 6:00pm.
- Under 16 - Wednesday June 24, 7:00pm.
- Junior Girls - Wednesday June 24, 6:00pm.
- U18s and Colts - Wednesday June 24, 7:00pm.
Participants wishing to attend these sessions must download a dispensation form from the RugbyWA Website and send through to the club’s team manager before Thursday June 18.
Dispensation forms can be accessed here: https://wa.rugby/about/codes-and-policies/safety-and-welfare/player-dispensation
Participants will also need to attend the age group time that they wish to play in regardless of height and weight measurements.
Players who are playing in the U6-U10 age groups will not have in person assessments, instead the clubs are to send through a video of them taking park in the assessment drills for assessment, this will be looked at by assessing coaches for approval.
Please see below example videos for assessment drills
Upper body tackle
Low wrap tackle