At RugbyWA, our goal is to become widely recognised as the leading destination for young players to fulfill their dreams and develop into stars of the future.
The Future Force Foundation provides funding and governance for the RugbyWA Senior Academy. The Foundation is comprised of members of the WA community and over the years has evidenced significant camaraderie particularly at home games in the “Future Force Foundation Lounge."
The Future Force program aims to create a learning environment for players that cater for all aspects of their development - both on and off the field. The focus is to provide a clear supported pathway into the Western Force for talented young players in the only full-time program of its kind in Australian rugby.
The Future Force identifies high potential rugby talent and weaves them into the fabric of rugby in Western Australia. This is achieved by recruiting outstanding young players between the ages of 18 and 20 and assisting them in fulfilling their dreams of playing professional rugby and further strengthen the standard of rugby in Western Australia.
We are extremely proud of the early successes of the Future Force. Since the program’s inception in 2014, eight players have gone on to make their professional debut for the Western Force including five homegrown Western Australian players, Kane Koteka, Harry Scoble, Richard Hardwick, Carlo Tizzano and Ben Grant. In 2017 and 2018 almost all Future Force players took part in the National Rugby Championship (NRC) competition representing either the Perth Spirit (2017) or the Western Force (2018).
A highlight for the foundation in 2017 with the program’s biggest achievement to date with Richard Hardwick becoming its first Wallaby. This demonstrated just how valuable the program is in providing a pathway for Western Australian youngsters to the international level.
It is simple to become a Future Force Member! Membership is valued at $6,500 - $5,000 being a tax-deductible donation via the Australian Sports Foundation, and the balance covering annual membership.
Members of the Future Force Foundation have access to:
- Two seats in the exclusive and fully-catered Future Force Lounge overlooking nib Stadium with entertainment, including pre-match guest speakers at all Western Force home games staged at nib Stadium.
- An exclusive, complimentary Future Force Polo Shirt and discounted Official Western Force merchandise.
- Access to a dedicated member only area and cash bar facility at all four Western Force National Rugby Championship fixtures played at McGillivray Oval.
- An invitation to attend a ‘closed’ Western Force training session at RugbyWA HQ.
Access to additional benefits including:
- Access to attend Western Force away game tours.
- An exclusive Future Force pre-season luncheon featuring a briefing from the Western Force Coach and Captain.
- Invitations to Western Force key events such as the Annual Awards Dinner and Season Launch.